Recently, I took a little “hiatus” from my photography business so that I could focus more on my family.
I say “hiatus” in quotes because, in the four months that I was supposed to be taking a break from photography, I:
• Went to a photography conference in Atlanta, GA where I learned a ton of information, met some really inspiring photographers and was basically in photography heaven.
• I shot a newborn session, five studio mini sessions and two concept shoots.
• I finally caught up on editing all the images of my daughter from last year (there were a lot).
• I practiced shooting nature, macro and landscape images.
• I shot lifestyle images of my daughter for entire days at least once a week for the first four months of the year.
• I entered a huge photography contest and one of my images placed in the Top 100 for it’s category (50th place out of 13,283 images entered!). Over half of the photos I entered made it to the Top 30% or higher.
• And, I continued to take online classes, read about photography and make plans for when LWP would “re-open”.
So, what I learned from my little “hiatus” the most, was that I will probably never be able to quit photography.
It is a huge part of my world and I want to pour my heart and soul into capturing families again, using everything that I’ve learned over the last four months.
For that reason, I am happy to announce that I am now booking sessions from June though November of this year!
If you’re interested in booking a session or would just like more information, click this link to contact me and I will send you our new pricing list, which includes a special discount for all return clients now. I’ll also be sharing a blog post soon that goes into a little more detail about the change in our collections, our products and services offered and why I think these changes mean awesome things for all of my clients.
And because all LWP blog posts must contain pictures, here are some of the lifestyle images I’ve been shooting of my own family while on my “break”: